MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: A takeoff from the documentary film Beerfest, when the heroes had to chug from “Das Boot”, a 2-liter glass boot filled with beer. Das Bunny is an Easter version with, instead of a boot, an edible chocolate bunny glass.
- A huge, hollow chocolate bunny (or smaller hollow bunnies if you’d prefer individual shots)
- 4 parts chocolate liqueur (we used Godiva)
- 4 parts salted caramel flavored vodka (we used Smirnoff)
- 2 parts half & half
- 1 part hazelnut liqueur (we used Frangelico)
- Extra-long straws
- Funnel (optional)
- Extra milk chocolate (to plug holes)
- The bunny needs to be watertight. If necessary, plug any holes by melting down some extra chocolate uncovered in the microwave and filling in the gaps. Don’t overheat your extra chocolate or it will lose its texture.
- Keep all the drink ingredients refrigerated beforehand, and refrigerate the bunny itself for at least 24 hours but no more than 48 hours. Store it in the packaging if possible, and don’t over-refrigerate otherwise the chocolate will oxidize (turn white).
- In a large pitcher, combine hazelnut liqueur, half & half, flavored vodka, and chocolate liqueur. Stir it all up.
- Gently lay your bunny on its side, and carefully slice off the tops of the ears, leaving enough of a gap to pour in the cocktail mix.
- When you’re ready to serve, stand up the bunny on a rimmed plate (just in case), give your cocktail mix another good stir, and pour it in. A funnel may help here. If you hear sizzling, it’s not a leak, just the alcohol reacting with the chocolate.
- Enjoy with friends and a bunch of extra long straws or, if you’d prefer individual drinks instead, use smaller hollow bunnies as edible shot glasses.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving