MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Easter Eggnog recipe is an easy homemade eggnog for a great spring, Easter, or anytime drink! Although most people think of Eggnog around the winter holidays and Christmas, why should Santa have all the fun? The Easter Bunny will soon be visiting on April 1.
Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Easter Eggnog
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate liqueur (such as Godiva Original Liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Garnish (optional): whipped cream & cinnamon
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together egg yolks, milk, sugar, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. When mixture is well combined and just starts to boil and bubble, remove from heat.
Pour mixture in a bowl over an ice bath and whisk for several minutes until cool. Whisk in cream, liqueur, and vanilla. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
Top with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
- Make sure you whisk the egg yolks and liquids well while over the heat so that the eggs don’t curdle.
- If you don’t like dark chocolate you could use original unsweetened cocoa powder, and substitute your favorite chopped chocolate for the chopped dark chocolate. You can also substitute any liqueur for the chocolate liqueur.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 – 1 cup MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings