MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: “It’s old fashioned, it’s comforting, it makes the kitchen smell wonderful and it’s good for the soul.
Creamy Hot Cocoa
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir.
- Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn’t scorch.
- Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil!
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Divide between 4 mugs.
- Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yields: 4 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings