MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Let’s kick this off with a twist on a summer classic. This cold brew lemonade is sweet, a bit tart, and basically the coffee lover’s take on an Arnold Palmer. If you love your cold brew, this is going to be your new summer classic — and it’s almost too easy to make!
Cold Brewed Lemonade
Ingredients for Lemonade:
- 1-2 oz lemon juice
- 20-30 g simple syrup
- 4-5 oz water
- 4-5 oz cold brew
Ingredients for Simple Syrup (20 – 30 g):
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 110 g hot water
Ingredients for Cold Brew:
- AeroPress with 2 filters (at least one should be paper)
- 45 grams of coffee, ground medium-fine
- 300 grams of water
- 200 grams of ice
- a water bottle (Dasani works well)
- a sewing needle
- a sharp blade
- a mason jar
Instructions for Cold Brewed Lemonade:
- Combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, and water in your cup.
- Now, every lemon is going to be a bit different, so we recommend alternating the syrup and water and tasting as you go.
- You want a lemonade that’s slightly tart and not too sweet, as the cold brew you add later will be slightly bitter and sweet on its own.
- Once you’ve got a lemonade flavor that you’re happy with, add ice to the cup and top up with cold brew.
- Give the drink a stir, and you’re ready to kick back and sip happy!
Instructions for Simple Syrup:
- Mix until dissolved.
Instructions for Cold Brew:
- Empty water bottle and cut off bottom with sharp blade.
- Remove bottle’s cap and puncture with sewing needle, creating the smallest hole possible.
- Replace cap and test flow by filling with water and watching drip rate, aiming for about 40 drops per minute. Alter hole size as necessary.
- Rinse filter and assemble AeroPress, filling with coffee.
- Moisten grounds with
warmcool water and mix gently, subtracting water used from total water volume.
- Level coffee bed with finger.
- Trim paper filter to fit inside of AeroPress tube and place atop coffee bed, pressing softly to level.
- Place Aeropress on jar and mount bottle on top.
- Fill bottle with remaining water and ice.
- When bottle is empty, disassemble and enjoy.
Yields: MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings