MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Creamy, caffeine-packed caramel frappuccino made with just 3 ingredients and naturally sweetened with date caramel. The perfect dairy-free morning pick-me-up.
Cold Brew Caramel Frappuccino
Ingredients for Almond Milk Ice Cubes:
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Almond milk Unsweetened Vanilla (or Original Unsweetened)
Ingredients for Cold Brew Coffee:
- 2 cups coarsely ground dark coffee (I recommend French roast)
- 4 cups filtered water
Ingredients for Date Caramel:
- 15 pitted dates (15 dates equals ~200 g // if not sticky and moist, see notes)
- 3-6 Tbsp hot water
Ingredients for Frappuccino:
- 16 standard-size almond milk ice cubes
- 2 cups cold brew coffee
- 3-5 Tbsp date caramel
- The night before, pour almond milk into a standard ice cube tray and freeze. You should have about 16 ice cubes (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- The night before also make your cold brew coffee by coarsely grinding dark roast coffee beans. Add to a mixing bowl and cover with filtered water, then cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator to brew.
- The next day, strain cold brew through a coffee filter ie. Chemex.
- While your coffee is straining, make date caramel by adding 15-20 pitted dates (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) to a food processor or blender (in my experience, a food processor works best to get a creamy texture without much water).
- Pulse/mix on low until small bits remain, then stream in hot water while the blender is on until a paste is made. You will need to scrape down the sides and encourage it along periodically. Only add enough water to form a paste – too much and it will be too liquidy. Set aside.
- To make 2 frappuccinos, (amounts as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) add all 16 ice cubes and 2 cups (480 ml) cold brew coffee to a blender and blend on high until puréed and smooth (see photo).
- Add date caramel 1 Tbsp at a time and blend. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more date caramel to sweeten. I found 3 or 4 Tbsp to be the perfect amount (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size). NOTE: you will have leftover date caramel, which can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
- Divide between tall serving glasses and top with coconut whipped cream (optional). Best when fresh, though leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for a few hours, or in the freezer for a few days.
Prep Time: 8 hours – Prep time reflects time for freezing ice cubes and preparing cold brew coffee.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings