Coconut Vanilla Vegan Latte
This Vanilla Coconut Cream Latte (or kids cocoa) is soft and fragrant with a tropical vanilla-coconut essence and undertones of maple and spice.
Ingredients for Coconut Vanilla Vegan Latte:
- 2 shots espresso
- 2 1/2 cups of soy or other non-dairy milk
- coconut “whipped cream”
- 4 drops real vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- a few dashes cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne
- sweeten further with sugar to taste (if needed)
- garnish: coconut flakes and crushed vanilla bean
Ingredients for Coconut Milk Whipped Cream:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled in fridge overnight
- 2 Tbsp powdered/confectioners sugar
- 1 beater OR whipping cream dispenser
Directions for Coconut Vanilla Vegan Latte:
- Heat your non-dairy milk and brew your espresso shots. Combine. 1 1/4 cups of milk and 1 espresso shot per mug. Add more espresso if you’d like!
- Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon and cayenne – split between the two MogoBox.com mugs.
- Stir briskly. Add whipped coconut milk topping and garnish. Serve!Serve it in a spooky mug for a ghostly, spooky latte..
Directions for Coconut Milk Whipped Cream;
- Open coconut milk. Scoop the firmed top of the coconut milk into a bowl. Try to avoid the light watery liquid and just scoop the thick white stuff.
- Fold the confectioners sugar into the coconut milk. Smoothing out the clumps.
- With a beater, beat the mixture until fluffy enough for spooning. OR if you have a whipping cream dispenser – use this mixture as you would heavy cream.
- Replace the shot of espresso with 1 heaping spoonful of your favorite cocoa mix and a few more spoonfuls of water or soy milk.
- sub chai tea mix for espresso = chai latte
- 2 espresso shots = caffeine cravers latte
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin = pumpkin coconut vanilla latte
- 1 tablespoon cocoa mix into espresso version = coconut vanilla mocha
- use real scooped vanilla bean pod seeds instead of vanilla extract = real vanilla latte
- spooky mug = spooky ghost latte
Yields: 2 servings