- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 stick cinnamon, crushed, plus sticks for garnish
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut water
- Cheesecloth, for straining
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Stir water, rice, and cinnamon in a bowl; cover and let sit at room temperature overnight.
- The next day, transfer rice mixture to a blender. Add coconut water; purée until smooth, 3–4 minutes. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a pitcher; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Heat coconut milk, sugar, and salt in a 2-qt. saucepan over low; cook until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Let milk cool; stir into rice mixture.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses; grate fresh cinnamon over top and drop sticks into glasses.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings