MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This bright red punch with a thick white froth is beautiful in the midst of your holiday buffet.
Christmas Snowball Punch
- 2 (32-ounce) bottles of cran-raspberry juice
- 2 cups of seedless raspberry jam or preserves
- 4 (2-liter) bottles of ginger ale or lemon-lime soda
- 2 gallons of vanilla ice cream
- Combine the cran-raspberry juice, jam and soda in a punch bowl.
- Scoop 1 gallon of the ice cream into the punch and stir until it makes a frothy layer on top.
- You may need to wait for up to 15 minutes for the red layer to separate from the frothy layer.
- Add the remaining scoops of ice cream (this makes the snowballs).
Tips for Terrific Punch:
- Mix as many of the ingredients a couple of hours ahead of time as you can to let the flavor mature.
- Don’t add sparkling ingredients to your punch until just before serving — it loses its fizz within an hour or two.
- Punch is usually served in small, 4-ounce glasses.
- If you will be using ice in the punch freeze the water in large molds. An ice ring or giant ice cube won’t melt as fast and will keep the punch from getting diluted.
Yields: 100 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude 4 oz. servings