MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Impress your sweetheart by serving this chocolate strawberry martini at the end of a romantic dinner, and resist the temptation to bite off the rim of the glass! 😍
Chocolate Strawberry Martini
- 2 oz. Wild strawberry SKYY vodka or other strawberry infused vodka
- 2 oz. White creme de cacao (Hiram Walker, Marie Brizard, or DeKuyper brands)
- 5 oz. strawberries – about 1 cup, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup ice
- 3 oz. of vanilla ice cream – 2 full scoops
- 2 oz. chocolate of choice for decoration
- fresh strawberries for decoration
Instructions to make the chocolate ganache for dipping the glasses:
- Pour about an inch of water in a small pot, and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Chop the chocolate into equal pieces, and place in a heat-safe bowl (and one, that is flat bottomed and wide enough to enclose the rim of the glasses) over the simmering water, so that the bowl does not come in direct contact with the water.
- Stir constantly, until about 80% of the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat, and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Dip the glasses in the melted chocolate. You can tilt them slightly to create the wavy effect, then turn upside down, and allow the chocolate to drip on the sides slightly.
Instructions to make the cocktail:
- Place all ingredients (except the solid chocolate) in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Pour the cocktail in the prepared glasses and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings