MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Mug cake for 2 cooks in under 2 minutes. Great for when you want to serve dessert with dinner but don’t have the time to make anything elaborate, but looks like you did.
Chocolate Banana Mug Cake
Ingredients for FILLING:
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, optional
Ingredients for WET:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for DRY:
- 7 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for GARNISH:
- 2 slices banana
- Mash banana into a paste then add chocolate chips.
- Whisk together egg, oil, honey, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease 2 small mugs.
- Fill mugs half way with the chocolate batter.
- Divide the banana filling between the 2 mugs.
- Place remaining chocolate batter on top.
- Garnish with sliced banana.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 10 seconds to 1 minute 25 seconds.
Cook Time: 70 seconds to 1 minute 25 seconds
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings