MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: With coffee shops on every corner, it’s incredibly tempting to grab a refreshing iced brew to suck the heat out of a hot summer day (while providing a quick pick-me-up). But coffee-drinker beware: that convenient iced concoction can squeeze up to 350 calories and 22 grams of fat in one little straw.
Chocolate-Almond Iced Coffee with Caramel
- 8 ounces brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free caramel syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Serve over ice.
- Use nonfat dry milk powder to prevent watering down the coffee. You can also use regular nonfat milk.
- Realizing everyone likes their coffee prepared differently, use this recipe as a guide and blend any combination of flavors you want. For example, eliminate the caramel and you have chocolate-almond. Or, dodge the chocolate syrup and have caramel-almond. Swap vanilla extract for almond extract and enjoy chocolate-caramel-vanilla. Feel free to change the amounts too – more or less milk, chocolate, caramel and almond.
Nutrition Info Per Serving:
- Calories: 59 Total Fat: 0 grams Saturated Fat: 0 grams Total Carbohydrate: 13 grams Sugars: 2 grams Protein: 2 grams Sodium: 63 milligrams Cholesterol: 0 milligrams Fiber: <1 gram
Yields: MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings