MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: I know what you’re thinking, “there’s no way I can quickly make a homemade chicken pot pie in the microwave”. You’d be surprised what you can do!
Chicken Pot Pie in a Mug
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of milk, cream, or half & half
- ¼ cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup of peas, defrosted if frozen
- ¼ cup of corn kernels, defrosted if frozen
- 1 teaspoon of onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 small can of crescent roll dough (approx. 4oz)
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
- Heat the butter for about 20 seconds until it is melted. Pour in the flour and mix it to make a paste.
- Whisk in the milk or cream, followed by the broth. Mix in the chicken, peas, corn, paprika, onion flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and lay two or three of them across the top of the mug to make a crust, but leave a small amount of space for the steam to vent.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Enjoy!
- Be sure to let the chicken pot pie cool for a few minutes before digging in. Although it may be tempting to just dig right in, the inside will be very hot.