MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Don’t worry if you don’t own a blender — you can easily use a fork to mash up the carrots and the wet ingredients. Then just pour everything into greased ramekins and pop them into the microwave.
Carrot Cake in a Mug
Ingredients for Carrot Cake:
- 1/4 cup spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour
- just over 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- optional 1/2 tsp ener-g or 2 tsp flaxmeal, to help it rise more
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar, unrefined if desired, or xylitol for sugar-free
pinch uncut stevia OR 1 more tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup canned carrots, drained (or steamed carrots, peeled) (For a variation, sub with 1/4c pureed pumpkin) (60g)
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp oil OR more milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, such as TJ vegan or homemade cashew cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar OR stevia to taste
- 1/4 cup silken tofu OR more cream cheese (For soy-free: Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Frosting
- up to 2 tbsp milk of choice, as needed for desired thickness
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug or Glass Mug):
Instructions for Carrot Mug Cake:
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (not carrots). If you have a blender or Magic Bullet, mix all wet ingredients and blend. (For those without a blender, simply fork-mash the carrots very well before combining with the other wet ingredients.)
- Then mix dry into wet, and stir.
- Pour into greased ramekins or a little dish or mug.
- If using the microwave, cook for 1 minute 20 seconds (or more or less, depending on the strength of your microwave). Or you can cook this in the oven at 350F for around 15 minutes.
- Let cool before trying to pop out.
- Frost Cake.
Instructions for Frosting:
- Blend everything together in a small food processor.
- Frost them just before serving, or frost earlier and then storing the cupcakes in the fridge, due to the perishable nature of the ingredients.
- Leftover frosting can be stored for a few days in the fridge, covered. Variation ideas: Add pumpkin, or shredded carrot and pineapple for a carrot cake dip, or cinnamon and walnuts…
Cook Time: 1 minute 20 seconds
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving