MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Imagine you’re home in your jammies and start getting a craving for sweets. You could just have a bowl of vanilla ice cream. You could have a handful of chocolate chips. Or you can grab a few things from your pantry and make this amazing chocolate mug cake.
Caramel Brownie Sundae Mug Cake
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (half bittersweet and half semisweet)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- square of your favorite dark chocolate bar
- 3 Werther’s Original® Baking Caramels
- 2 teaspoons milk-melted chocolate chips
- vanilla bean ice cream or gelato
- crushed toasted nuts-crushed cookie
- whipped cream
- Top your mug cake with a scoop of ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, crushed pecans, gummy bears, whatever you want! There are no limits when it comes to craving sweets!
Ingredients (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a coffee mug and heat on half power for 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted (about 45 seconds total).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla extract, and espresso powder.
- When the chocolate is melted in your cup, stir in sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in the egg mixture then stir in the flour mixture. Stir well to eliminate lumps.
- Microwave on half power for 30 seconds (I set mine on a plate just in case there’s spillover). Stir. Cook for another 35 seconds. The cake may rise over the top of your mug, but thats okay.
- Press the square of chocolate bar down into the center of the cake, you can crush it into pieces if you’d like. Be careful not to burn your fingers. Continue to heat on half power for 40 seconds.
- Let the cake cool for 2 minutes while you prepare your toppings.
- Melt the chocolate chips by heating on half power for 20 second intervals, stirring between each, until they are completely melted. Melt the caramels by placing them in a small bowl with the milk.
- Heat on 30 second intervals, stirring carefully between each, until melted.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving