Caramel Apple Sangria
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This Caramel Apple Sangria – it’s as if you melted down Halloween and poured it into a glass. What could be better than that?
- 1 liter bottle of white wine
- 8 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 cup unflavored or caramel vodka
- 4-5 apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup (plus more for garnishing)
- Place chopped apples in the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Drizzle the caramel syrup over top.
- Add white wine, apple cider and vodka, then stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate at least four hours before serving or overnight.
- Before serving, swirl caramel syrup around the inside of a glass.
- Fill with chilled sangria, including apples, and sip!
- Generally speaking, as a good rule of thumb, you don’t need to get carried away with a fancy wine when making sangria. A semi-sweet riesling or a crisp pinot grigio is perfect here paired with the apple cider. Add the sweetness of the caramel and this tastes every bit as delicious as a classic Halloween caramel apple only sipped out of a glass. At the same time, it’s still tart enough to be surprisingly more sophisticated than you’d guess.
Yields: 12 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings