MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: “Cool and refreshing, this summertime drink is perfect for weddings and showers.”
Brenda’s Strawberry Slush Delight
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 quart strawberries (fresh or frozen) pureed in a blender
- 2 cups rum, or to taste
- 2 (2 liter) bottles chilled lemon-lime soda
- In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water by bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Combine the sugar water with the pineapple juice, lemonade, orange juice and pureed strawberries in a 6-quart container. Mix in the rum to taste.
- Put the entire mixture into a large plastic ice cream pail and freeze overnight.
- To make the drinks to order, scoop 1/2 cup of the frozen mixture into an 8 oz glass.
- Fill the glass with lemon-lime soda and serve with a straw.
- Keeps well in freezer for up to one month.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 12 hours 45 minutes
Yields: 35 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings