MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Microwave mug cake is an awesome idea, but it’s only awesome if it tastes as good as the oven variety. Doesn’t matter how easy or convenient it is, cake isn’t worth making or eating unless it’s totally delicious and has the perfect spongy but not an actual sponge cake texture.
Applesauce Cinnamon Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon room temp cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Combine and mix the cake ingredients in your mug.
- Cook in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- As cake cools, mix icing ingredients and spoon on top of mug cake.
Cook Time: up to 1 minute
- This mug cake is a small (but satisfying!) portion, best for a short mug or ramekin. If you want a large mug sized cake such as our MogoBox Exclusive Classic White mugs, double the ingredients and change microwave time from 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving