Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This smoothie is thick thanks to the oats, but it’s incredibly creamy thanks to the almond butter and Greek yogurt. The yogurt is also responsible for giving it a serious protein punch, as well as adding a nice hint of sweetness (or tartness if you choose to go the plain yogurt route).
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt*
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk**
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into any standard blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- * You can sub out the yogurt for some vanilla protein powder OR use plain Greek yogurt, but you may have to add a little bit of sweetener.
- ** Use regular dairy milk to add even more protein.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 Mug with Attitude serving