Apple Cinnamon Tea
- 3 cups of water
- ½ apple or ½ cup of minced apples (choose a delicious nice tasting apple)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick or (1/8 tsp cinnamon powder)
- ½ inch ginger piece or dry ginger powder as needed
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice (optional, if apples not sour)
- Few pepper corn or pepper powder
- ½ tsp tea powder or leaves or 2 tea bags (use as needed)
- Honey or sugar as desired
- Add all the ingredients except sugar and apples to a deep pot and boil till it reduces to 2 cups.
- While the tea is brewing, wash, peel and mince the apple to pieces.
- Off the stove, add these minced apple pieces and cover the pot with a lid. Do not disturb for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins, strain the apple tea and add sugar. If it doesn’t remain hot, you can just heat up again.
- If you wish you can eat up the mushy warm apple too.
For a quick version of apple tea recipe:
- Make in microwave, use powdered cinnamon, pepper and dry ginger.
- Do not try for a milk version with this recipe as apples might curdle the milk, but you can just stir the milk in the tea once it is brewed , but I don’t know how that tastes.
Yields: 2 servings