Cold, sweet ice cream meets hot, roasty espresso. Learn how to make this quintessential Italian dessert, with a pinch of chocolate and a sprinkling of sea salt. The affogato is easy to make and a treat for the senses.
- 2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- ¼ cup hot espresso or brewed coffee
- chocolate shavings
- pinch of sea salt, such as fleur de sel
- ½ tablespoon Grand Marnier – optional
- Add two scoops of ice cream to your MogoBox.com mug.
- Pour espresso or coffee over ice cream.
- Drizzle with Grand Marnier or Cointreau (optional).
- Top with chocolate shavings (tip: you can use a standard grater).
- Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Yields: 1 serving