MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: em>A favorite Irish dessert recipe is the Irish Dirt Cake. They’re green, festive and full of St. Paddy’s Day fun!
Irish Dirt Cake
- Two rows of mint Orio cookies, crushed
- One large box of vanilla pudding
- Green and blue Food Dye
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tablespoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Place cookies in a large ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin. Put aside.
- Make pudding according to box, but omit 1/2 cup of milk. Add 6 drops of green food dye and three blue to achieve a mint green color.
- Allow pudding to set.
- In a large mixing bowl; beat cream cheese, sugar, and both extracts until smooth.
- Slowly add chilled heavy whip until thick peaks form.
- In clear mugs, layer the cookies, pudding, and whipped cream; two or three times.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbles on top.
Yields: MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings