MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Blend up your own frothy caffeinated drink. Ready in just a few minutes, you’ll save time, gas, and Starbucks gift cards, and all the ingredients can be found in your pantry.
Iced Vanilla Macchiato
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup espresso, or strongly brewed coffee
- To make the vanilla syrup, combine sugar and water in small saucepan.
- Stir over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
- Pour a couple of teaspoons of vanilla syrup into your serving glass.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill the glass with milk, leaving just enough room for the coffee.
- Brew 2 shots of espresso. Pour the espresso shot over the milk and serve immediately.
Yields: MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings