MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Now, let’s get down to business. Here’s all you need to know to get your suds a vibrant shade of emerald green.
How to Make Green Beer
- light beer
- green food coloring or blue food coloring
- Add three drops of green food coloring for each bottle of beer. OR
- Add the food coloring to the bottom of an empty glass. Works best when you pour the beer on top, it will help mix it. Adjust the color by adding more dye if you like. OR
- Blue food coloring also works when mixed with a brighter yellow beer, it makes for a nice green-colored brew. But be sure to test a drop of blue in a taster of the beer to see the result.
- It doesn’t have to be low in calories, but the color of the beer you use is important. You want to use a light-colored beer so the food coloring will easily mix. Using a dark beer (like Guinness) will require too much food coloring, which may change the flavor of the beer — or not even color the beer at all.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving