Hot Coffee Latte Eggnog
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Make your own eggnog, spiked with a little Kahlua, for this holiday drink. A good way to relax after a day of Christmas shopping.
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder or 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 8 long cinnamon sticks (optional)
- In a heavy large saucepan, stir together the eggs, milk, whipping cream, Kahlua, honey and espresso coffee powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just coats a metal spoon; do not let boil. (Should take 20 to 25 minutes and register 170 degrees F to 175 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.
- Pour the hot eggnog into heatproof glasses or MogoBox.com coffee mugs. Top with whipped cream, if you like. Sprinkle each with ground cinnamon and, if you like, serve with cinnamon sticks. Serve immediately. Makes 8 (4-ounce) servings.
- Nonalcoholic Coffee Latte Eggnog: Prepare as above, except omit the coffee liqueur. Increase the milk to 2-1/2 cups.
Servings Per Recipe 8, Fat, total (g) 15, cal. (kcal) 239, chol. (mg) 127, pro. (g) 5, sodium (mg) 64, carb. (g) 14
Yields: 8 4 oz. MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes