Homemade Java Chip Frappuccino
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This chocolate chip coffee frappe tastes just like Starbucks’ Java Chip Frappuccino. Make it at home for a fraction of the cost.
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces) espresso
- ¾ cup light whipped topping, frozen
- 1½ cups ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (or 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce)
- ⅓ cup milk (or chocolate milk)
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- light whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- Place the ingredients, except chocolate chip and whipped cream, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times to desired size/crunch.
- Pour into your versatile Whopper Beer Mug and optionally top with light whipped cream and a chocolate sauce drizzle.
- If you prefer a sweeter frappuccino, use chocolate sauce instead of unsweetened cocoa powder and chocolate milk instead of regular milk.
Yields: 1 large frappuccino