MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Saint Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. Why not celebrate with this exciting, cute and delicious mug cake.
Green Beer Mug Cake
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix in White
- 1 Beer (Sam Adams)
- White Frosting
- Green Food Coloring
- Non-Stick Spray
- Four Leaf Clover Sprinkles, optional
Directions (make in your MogoBox Glass Beer Mug):
- Follow the directions on the Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix in White replacing the water with your beer of choice and adding green coloring to the mix. I used Sam Adams Beer.
- Pour food coloring in slowly to achieve the desired color. Stay away from pastel and go more for St. Patrick’s Day green.
- Bake the Cake as normal making sure not to overcook or brown too much.
- Let cake cool and put the cake into a food processor to break it up into fine pieces.
- Take broken up cake out of food processor and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in a heaping tablespoon of white frosting. I used my hands, but I am sure you could use a spoon.
- Put the cake into a beer mug and use your hands to push out as much air as you can. Fill it to the top.
- Ice the top of the cake in the mug so it looks like foam.
- If you want to get really festive, you can serve with Four Leaf Clover sprinkles on top.
Yields: 6 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings