MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Grab Dad’s favorite lager or pilsner and remix a classic lemonade shandy with ginger ale. For extra pizzazz, dip the rims of the glasses in finely chopped crystallized ginger and garnish with a slice of lemon. This one’s best served gently stirred, not shaken.
Ginger Beer Shandy
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Finally chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 12 oz can lager pilsner beer, chilled
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- If desired, wipe rims of of eight 16-ounce beer glasses or mugs with a lemon slice; dip rims in finely chopped crystallized ginger.
- In a large pitcher, combine the 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger and the lemon juice; muddle with a wooden spoon. Pour in beer and ginger ale; stir gently to combine. Serve in the chilled glasses or mugs. Garnish with lemon slices.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Freeze Time: At least 2 hours
Yields: 8 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings