MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Warm up with this extra boozy eggnog inspired by National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 2/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
- 1/2 c. spiced rum
- 1/3 c. bourbon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine eggs, sugar, salt and milk over medium heat, stirring continuously for 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Fill a larger bowl halfway with ice water. Lower the bottom of the saucepan into the ice water dish to cool the egg mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Place egg mixture in the refrigerator to chill, about 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, add whipped cream, rum and bourbon to egg mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour into cups and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 6 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings