Disneyland’s Hot Chocolate
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This creamy, dreamy hot chocolate is served at the Napa Rose restaurant in the Grand Californian Hotel. Now you can make it in your own kitchen!
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate, grated
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream for topping
- ground cinnamon for topping
- In a medium sauce pan, pour milk and heavy cream. Heat over medium-high heat (be sure to watch it carefully – you don’t want it to boil or scald!).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa, sugar and milk chocolate. Slowly add this dry mixture to the milk mixture until completely combined. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, and stir until completely combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in individual mugs. Top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon, and additional chocolate shavings, if desired.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving