MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Treat dad like Don Draper, James Bond, Indiana Jones…or whoever his favorite hero might be with this swagger-filled Manhattan cocktail. The perfectly cool blend of whiskey, bitters, and sweet vermouth in a crispy martini glass.
- 2 ounces Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Sweet Vermouth
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- 2-3 cocktail cherries
- A few drops of syrup from the cocktail cherries (optional)
- Fill a mixing glass or cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add whiskey, sweet vermouth, bitters and cherry syrup (if using).
- Stir for 90 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass
- garnish with cherries.
- The cherry syrup is not traditional but gives the cocktail a slightly sweeter flavor. Perfect for people who are not whiskey drinkers or find the cocktail too overpowering.
- Never use dry vermouth for this drink, only good quality sweet vermouth.
- Some recipes suggest rubbing an orange peel around the rim of the cocktail glass; it is a nice tough but not strictly necessary. A dash of orange bitters can be added to achieve a similar effect.
- The perfect Manhattan is stirred, not shaken.
- No need to use your fancy ice for this; regular ice will do. We use ice to dilute and chill the drink before serving it.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving