Bourbon Pumpkin Smash
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: When you combine pumpkin spice simple syrup, bourbon and a splash of lemon juice, you have a pumpkin cocktail that makes any fall gathering truly memorable!
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/4 oz lemon juice
- 4 oz soda water
- Lemon wedges
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water, more as needed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- To make the simple syrup, add pumpkin puree, water, sugar and pumpkin pie spice to a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once the syrup is boiling and smooth, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Strain the pumpkin mixture into an airtight container. Let cool completely before making the cocktail. Syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for the cinnamon rimming sugar.
- Rub the edge of a rocks glass with a lemon wedge.
- Pour the rimming sugar into a shallow dish. Rim the rocks glass with sugar. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pumpkin spice syrup, bourbon and lemon juice for the cocktail. Shake well.
- Fill rimmed rocks glass with ice. Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Top with soda water. Give the cocktail one final stir and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving