MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: The cold, blustery days of winter call for a comforting cup of hot chocolate. Flavored with Amaretto Liquor for a subtle almond flavor and rich chocolate, this Amaretto Hot Chocolate is the most decadently delicious drink perfect on a cold night!
Amaretto Hot Chocolate
- 3 c. whole milk
- 2/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. sugar
- pinch/grind of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 oz. Amaretto Liquor (1 oz. per glass)
- Whipped Cream/Whipped Topping
- Slivered Almonds
- Chocolate Shavings
- In a medium sauce pan, add the milk, chocolate chips, sugar and salt. Heat on medium low heat, whisking often. Continue to whisk until the chocolate melts completely and the mixture comes to a low simmer. (Do NOT let boil, as it will burn to the bottom of the pan.) Once liquid comes to a low simmer, promptly remove from heat. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Ladle the hot chocolate into 3 mugs, and add 1 oz. Amaretto liquor to each glass. Stir to combine. Top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 3 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings